Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help, fire out on O/N brisket

Hello All,
Been a while since I did a brisket, and I had my fire die sometime last night (between 11 when I last checked it and 7 when I woke up this morning). Any advice on how to recover? Should I get it stoked up then go to foil, or just resume cook and test/pull as normal?

Cheers all -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    ask Centex...I wouldn't foil it. get it back to temp and let it ride. weight? eta?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    What henapple said.
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Same problem for me this morning, I just re lit and carrying on like normal here.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    The thing i would be most worried about is if the meat has sat out too long without heat or refrigeration??  Waht was the internal temperature and what is your best guess (?) how long it has been sitting?
  • Black_Badger
    Black_Badger Posts: 1,182
    Hi guys,
    I decided to just get the coals going again and let it ride for now. Seems to be working pretty well. @Charlie, not too worried about any food borne pathogens, I know it had been at >200 for about four hours last night and was still pretty warm to the touch this morning (although the fire was out and the thermo in the lid was on the floor. I think it should be well into the safe range when I'm ready to slice and dice.

Worst case scenario I'll be chopping it all up for sandwiches, or making some chili, which means any way you slice it (haha) there's some good food in the near future.

Thanks for the input everyone.

B_B
    Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI