Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Don't ever doubt BGE and their Customer Service

Options
A few weeks ago my daisy wheel which was very loose around the chimney area fell off and hit the ground causing the parts that hold the wire holder part cracked upon impact.   I emailed customer support asking how much a replacement was and the reply was "We will send you out a new daisy wheel and some gasket material to put around the chimney area so it fits better."  Sure enough I got it on Friday but the gasket material wasn't right so I emailed Duane and let him know that I got the shipment and he replied back "great and just to let you know that the gasket material isn't for the chimney that's in case your gasket goes bad and I'll be sending you another one as I noticed the shipper didn't include the other gasket material."

They are simply AMAZING.   
Large BGE

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    +1
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • BigGreenBBQ
    BigGreenBBQ Posts: 109
    Options

Duane is a great guy - very helpful

• Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    Two years ago I had a cracked firebox.  I emailed them (with pictures attached) and they replied asking if I had registered it and who did I buy it from.

I told them the name of the dealer and that the dealer was no longer in business and that I had owned it over 10 years and had no idea if I had registered it or not.

BGE response:  What is your mailing address!!! Paid about $10 for shipping.

Outstanding service.
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    Glad to hear it. Like a divorce lawyer, never hope to need one, but if I do, want a good one
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Sorry, but i do not consider this "AMAZING" customer service, these are things that should be handled under "NORMAL" customer service.  Not trying to start a peeing contest, but i am a customer that wants to be treated with respect!  I was in business for 35 years, and i went out of my way to make my customers happy.  Customer service is basically common sense..  
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options

Sorry, but i do not consider this "AMAZING" customer service, these are things that should be handled under "NORMAL" customer service.  Not trying to start a peeing contest, but i am a customer that wants to be treated with respect!  I was in business for 35 years, and i went out of my way to make my customers happy.  Customer service is basically common sense..  

I think the point is that BGE stands behind their product and don't try to weasel out of their warranty.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • Charlie tuna
    Charlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Options
    Well, whatever the reason BGE is supplying Sam's Club, directly or indirectly, new products to customers, and not including the basic factory warrenty IS weaseling in my opinion!  If you were a dealer, down the street from a local Sam's Club, i don't think you would be happy with this arrangement??  When one of the biggest selling point of a product is "lifetime warrenty", it's warrenty value should be included in every purchase, if not, then allow the dealers to sell at a reduced cost, without including a warrenty!  "Amazing" customer service is when a business goes "beyond" the expected writen warrenty, just my opinion!!  
  • twlangan
    twlangan Posts: 307
    Options
    While I agree with you 100% on good customer service, the example given really is amazing in this day and age. And very rare.