Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried making the pineapple bacon shrimp tonight

Options
Followed Foghorns recipe as best I could, these were a huge hit and definitely will be made again. Not sure if they did the originals justice but they sure were good! Many thanks for sharing this recipe!
Large BGE Middletown, MD

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I tried them the other night too. I don't see how you cut the bacon in thirds. Not nearly long enough. Maybe my shrimp were huge, but I needed to use 3/4 a strip of bacon to wrap around mine. Pretty good, but the store bought bacon sucked. I wont ever look at bacon the same anymore now that I make my own.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    On the menu for Sunday dinner. We'll see how they turn out.
    chainsaw19 Posts: 257
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I tried them the other night too. I don't see how you cut the bacon in thirds. Not nearly long enough. Maybe my shrimp were huge, but I needed to use 3/4 a strip of bacon to wrap around mine. Pretty good, but the store bought bacon sucked. I wont ever look at bacon the same anymore now that I make my own.

Agree on the bacon but my shrimp were definitely larger than suggested, I need to try making my own, seems a little intimidating at this point but I guess nothing ventured nothing gained
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    While they may be rough hewn, that is some good-looking chainsaw art.
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options
    @Chubbs u make your own????how?? :-$
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Search threads "All this bacon talk". Maybe a few more. Buy pork belly, cure it ~7 days. Cold smoke it. Slice it. Eat it. Talk about how good it is. Love it
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Search threads "All this bacon talk". Maybe a few more. Buy pork belly, cure it ~7 days. Cold smoke it. Slice it. Eat it. Talk about how good it is. Love it
    A cold smoker is next on the list!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options
    Those pictures look like you hit the nail on the head. As for the bacon stretching, there are some factors that affect things: How long is the bacon? How big is the shrimp? What temperature is the bacon (it stretches more as it gets closer to room temperature)? We sometimes have to cut the bacon in half (instead of 1/3s), but with the 26-30 ct shrimp using 1/3 of a strip of bacon is usually best for us.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX