Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need NY Strip Roast HELP!

Got a 3lb NY Strip roast at the store today with the intent to cut it up for a few thick steaks.  Now, I'm considering a roast on the LBGE.    How's it done?  T-rex?  

TIA!

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
·

Comments

• Those are fairly lean and the meat is pretty firm to do as a roast. However, if you want to give it a rip, i would do it the same way as a rib roast. 225 indirect until 130-135 internal temp. You can T Rex or reverse sear it if you want but I find it's not needed on rib roasts. I use salt, pepper, and rosemary on rib roasts.

If it were me, I would do the steaks but I would love to hear how the roast turns out if you go for it. It should be good either way.

·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,279
    I did one the other day- reverse seared and basically followed the amazing ribs recipe. http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/prime_rib_roast.html
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • SeeingSpotsSeeingSpots Posts: 151
    I'm T-rexing.  Got the sear done, and rested 20.   Now roasting at 375, going for 125 IT.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
    ·
  • nice. Let us know how it turns out.

·