Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Food Saver V3880...should I?

Craigslist has a posting for a new v3880 with all the trimmings for $120.00. Should I pull the trigger?
"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
·

Comments

• RLeeperRLeeper Posts: 480
    Just got one on eBay for 80. Just got it yesterday and haven't used it yet. They had more for sale...you may want to check it out.
    Extra Large, Large, and Mini. Tucker, GA
    ·
  • WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,322
    I just bought one brand new from costco for $149-
    Greensboro, NC
    ·
  • JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 191
    I went ahead and got it. Whole I like eBay, I like seeing it and checking it out before I buy it more. And I have a quarter of beef I need to pick up Saturday...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 4,960
    I have that model and so far so good.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    I got the 3880 about a month ago for $140 very happy with it
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 3,996
    I got the v3440 last weekend. Used it to stock up some pork loin that was on sale. Love it! I didn't realize automatic ment automatic. It just starts sucking as soon as you stick it in. Very easy and clean job.

LBGE & SBGE (big momma and pat)
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 603
    I used mine to make TV dinners with left overs from Thanksgiving meals. Best tv dinner you can get. Easy to use and clean up is way better then the older model I had 15 years ago. 

XLBGE, LBGE growing accessories.

Want: Ceramicgrillworks 2 tier large, Dutch oven, Cyber Q Wifi

Grenada, MS

·