Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need a spider or woo

Options
six_egg
six_egg Posts: 1,110
I just bought a cast iron wok for $30.00 including shipping but the woo or spider is $25.00 that makes no sense. Has anyone seen a woo or spider cheaper than $25.00?

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    considering they are made in the US they seem fairly priced to me cmparedto the wok. Hard to compare a chinese wok to a domestic WOO or Spider. Not saying the chinese Wok is bad, just saying they are working on 2 different cost models. A few guys on here have made them (or similar versions of them) but for $25, I just bought one and have been thrilled with it. I have the same Wok setup (mine is Carbon but it was around $30) as you and i've never looked back. I have the spider FWIW.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • flemster
    flemster Posts: 269
    Options
    The workmanship on the CGS products is outstanding. I am neither a welder nor a metal worker so I know I could not make this myself. I have a PSWOO and a spider and love them. Worth the cash IMHO
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    Thank you Cen-Tex smoker and flemster. I will buy my large and X Large tonight.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    You'll have them for as long as you own your eggs. They are great.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • hondabbq
    hondabbq Posts: 1,980
    Options
    Id love to get the Woo. Just checked it will cost me more in shipping to get it to Canada than the cost fo the Woo.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    you might return the cast iron wok,  not the recommended accessory for wokking.......wokking is a fast and hot cook, so a thin carbon steel wok is preferred as it passes the heat quickly. 

t  
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.