Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chicken Leg Ideas

Kids want some chicken legs tonight.  What is the typical way to do these?  I don't have the hanger for them.  Was thinking indirect with some pecan wood but not sure how long or what temp to do them at.  

Thanks all in advance!
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,422
    edited March 2013
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos I like 400 direct raised. Cherry/pecan
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Hmm, I don't have the ability to direct raise darn!
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,300
    You can go indirect too. 375-400 dome. Cook until 180. around 45 minutes. Put on sauce the last 10 or 15 minutes to glaze them.
    ·
    EddieK76 said:
    Hmm, I don't have the ability to direct raise darn!

Saying this in a very nice way; you are so wrong. 3 split fire bricks. 3 or 4 bolts and a weber grate. 3 beer cans.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,821
    3 beer cans or 3 balls of tin foil.

400 raised direct.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)
    ·
    edited March 2013
    EddieK76 said:
    When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)You are telling me you cant drink 3 beers today? =))

·
    edited March 2013
    @EddieK76   You understand we are pulling your """""LEG"""".................
    i just thought I was tired today..... Salado seems like 20 hours ago.....

·
    Mickey said:
    EddieK76 said:
    When I mean I don't have the ability to do it.  I don't have the abilitiy to do it today :)  And definitely no offense taken at all :)
    You are telling me you cant drink 3 beers today? =))
    Nice....yeah i can but they are only bottles :)  haha :)
    ·