Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Best Bacon

Hands down the best bacon I've ever had comes via mail order. My dad grew up in East Tennessee and ordered some bacon and country hams from Benton's out of Madisonville Tennessee. Hands down the best smoked bacon I've ever had. If you like bacon and hams give him a call.

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Not sure you are going to find a lot of love for mail order bacon around here. Lots of guys do their own. Just finished my first batch ever and it is AWSOME!!!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,595
    I ran out of my homemade bacon this past week and bought a pack from store tonight to wrap shrimp with. I will never buy store-bought again. Homemade only
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 11,554
    Good bacon is good bacon.  Bad bacon is bad bacon.

My homemade stuff blew away anything I've ever bought.  But I got my hands on some really good duroc belly.  I've read posts of people making some less-than-perfect stuff too.