Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Salado=Fantastic

The first Eggfest is under the belt! We had a big, giant time in Salado.... a beautiful village... and an amazing event! Mickey...Leroy... ya'll did good! Had a chance to meet so many people from the forum... and then some! Everyone was gracious, smiling, laughing.... it was a hoot.

Thanks to everyone for making us feel welcome!

BOOMER!

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,363
    edited March 2013
    Great meeting ya and we had a great time!  Much thanks to Mickey and his wife, and Will, who graciously let a bunch of rowdy eggheads party at his Inn, and everyone else, too numerous to name.  Lotta fun, we'll be there next year. :D

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,671
    Just so everyone knows JD and his wife were the most professional looking set. I missed your wings but I'm gonna holler when I'm in Allen....and I'll score you some Ozark.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Just so everyone knows JD and his wife were the most professional looking set. I missed your wings but I'm gonna holler when I'm in Allen....and I'll score you some Ozark.

rocking those sweet Dickies shirts! (call me when you want more)

I just found the meat glue when unpacking....thanks CT!  I'm plotting a Frankenstein cook at this very moment.  Maybe platypus loin glued to nutria tail wrapped in salmon skin.... ;)

Cen Tex...meat glue dealer.
  • I just found the meat glue when unpacking....thanks CT!  I'm plotting a Frankenstein cook at this very moment.  Maybe platypus loin glued to nutria tail wrapped in salmon skin.... ;)

yes! have fun with it. i ended up with a rig extender from @TJV somehow so other than the ridiculous hangover, looks like I came out OK. My 17 year old just asked me if I was sober (I sort of am) so I have that going for me. #fatheroftheyear.

I looked like Travis's avatar when I woke up Sunday morning.  (James Brown's mug shot)  Felt even worse.

We went to my brother's hotel room, I was so hammered I fell asleep there and SWMBO dragged me back to our room around 2AM.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,862
    I'm currently maintaining radio silence until I feel like a human being again.

My wife is very angry with me. That means I had a great time.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    edited March 2013
    I'm currently maintaining radio silence until I feel like a human being again. My wife is very angry with me. That means I had a great time.

Travis you had a great time :ar!
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Before Salado 
    :o3

After Salado

:ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! :ar! 

• I looked like Travis's avatar when I woke up Sunday morning.  (James Brown's mug shot)  Felt even worse.

We went to my brother's hotel room, I was so hammered I fell asleep there and SWMBO dragged me back to our room around 2AM.

same basic scene here. Sh*t show is an understatement. Had a ton of fun though

@ The Cen-Tex Smoker...did y'all get the virus emergency solved. I heard all about a xbox 360 crisis today.
  • henapple said:
    @ The Cen-Tex Smoker...did y'all get the virus emergency solved. I heard all about a xbox 360 crisis today.

Ha! Negotiations are STILL ongoing. He's 2 feet from me right now running his trap about it. Too funny.

• and i just dug through my drunk pants from last night (not a task for the weak at heart). Who gave me that awesome streamlight mini-flashlight? That thing is awesome! If I stole it, please PM me and i'll send it back.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,862
    and i just dug through my drunk pants from last night (not a task for the weak at heart). Who gave me that awesome streamlight mini-flashlight? That thing is awesome! If I stole it, please PM me and i'll send it back.
    That was me. It was a gift. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • thank you! that thing is sweet. check your phone. Dude those text messages from last night were world class. still laughing.

I found about 5 bottle caps (weird, I was mostly drinking spiked diet Coke), some greasy paper towel, a wallet that was a helluvalot lighter, and some suspicious white powder all over my SOG tactical knife.  I'm hoping that's meat glue and not something else.

• I found about 5 bottle caps (weird, I was mostly drinking spiked diet Coke), some greasy paper towel, a wallet that was a helluvalot lighter, and some suspicious white powder all over my SOG tactical knife.  I'm hoping that's meat glue and not something else.

It was meat glue but it had a very Tony Montana feel about it when you did it. "Say Hello to my little friend"!

Good thing Gary isn't a crazy paranoid tweaker, or I'd be filled with holes on Friday night.

• Mickey said:
    I'm currently maintaining radio silence until I feel like a human being again. My wife is very angry with me. That means I had a great time.

Travis you had a great time :ar!

i heard i did too. Sounds awesome. Wish I was there