Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Tilapia.

Tried it on the egg for the first time tonight.  Coated in oil and covered in Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin.  Got the open flame roaring and the cast iron pan out. Dropped them in about 30-40 seconds a side to blacken them, then took them off a set up raised grid to about 375-400.  Nothing fancy, but was really good.  I would have preferred something with a little more kick, but the wife doesn't swing that way.  Only problem was that it flaked and fell apart so bad I needed tongs and a spatula to get it off the grid.  I lost a nice looking chunk of fish through the grid and into the fire. Next time I will probably use the place setter.  

Comments

• Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Ever consider wrapping the fish in a few layers of foil with veggies(whatever is in season) a couple of tablespoons of butter -- some lemon pepper-- seal them up and make up individual packets --  cook direct gasket level  -- once you hear them sizzling  --  pull them 30 minutes later.  Be careful when you open them from the steam!!  Canned white potatoes works well..