Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

BGE Newbie - pork roast in triple overtime 5 1/2 hours at 410F

Bobby BittmanBobby Bittman Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had my L BGE for two weeks now and have the neighbour popping over to use it. While I'm still figuring out the finer points of temp control, I have to pass on what happened the other night. I had an inexpensive pork roast, 2.5 lbs/ pre-rubbed with bbq spice from the grocer. I threw it on the BGE at 6:30PM, seared both sides and wanted to settle the temp down to 350 and let it go till 9:00 and then start monitoring it. I didn't get the temp down but figured it would be ok.[p]Time flew and I was busy doing yard work, beer at the neighbours and a movie. I open the door to head home just after midnight and remember about the roast. My friend grabs his flashlight and we're expecting to see essentially a carbon block when we got there. I forgot to mention that it spent 5 1/2 hours at 410F and yes the outside was very dark but the juices ran inside. It was the tastiest pork roast I've ever had and my wife agreed. I just wanted to agree that even the mistakes taste better.