Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Glory, Glory... The EGG has landed!

Had my table stained,  prepped,  and accessorized with an empty spot for the LBGE - until today,  when it was delivered in all its glory and placed in its new home!   I've got a fire going as we speak so that I can tinker with temp adjustments and learn a little about it prior to its maiden voyage tomorrow night, a Simon and Garfunkel'd spatchcock chicken that's already spatched and sitting in the fridge waiting for its big moment!  Life is good.

Two quick questions: I burned today and noticed that smoke went from white to clear in about 15 min - assuming that's what I'm looking for to let me know that cooking can begin?   Also - I have the regular grate on and the BGE raised grate on top of it (3" above).  Isn't it the case that the cooking temps on the top grate will be a bit higher than on the bottom? 

Thanks!   Looking forward to firing it up for real tomorrow night. 

Comments