Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Portobello Mushroom Burgers

My sister-in-law, who is a vegetarian, is visiting us this week. I was looking for something to cook for her that she could eat. @Charlie Tuna posted about last week about Portobello Mushroom Burgers and I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe I followed is out of the Big Green Egg Cookbook.

I removed the gills and marinated them for about an hour in EVOO, soy sauce, balsamic vinaigrette, garlic, and fresh thyme. Grilled them direct at 400° for about 2 minutes a side. I wished I had better cheese and buns, but I'll know better for next time. I'm not tempted to go vegetarian at all, but it's nice to do something different every once and a while.

·

Comments