Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

WWED? (What Would Eggers Do?)Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Dark Cherry Balsamic Honey Sauce

500500 Posts: 1,198
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Check this video out at the 6:30 mark; a special he makes; Pistachio Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Dark Cherry Balsamic Honey Sauce
http://dinersdrive-insanddives.blogspot.com/2010/10/made-to-order-dv1007h.html
Sounds similar to @smokesniffer 's Pork Tenderloin with Black Berry Sauce recipe.  I'm going to attempt this, riffing on smokesniffer's sauce and the sauce here.  What do y'all think?  I'm thinking I may need to have a little Dijon mustard on the pork tenderloin to help keep the pistachios glued on.  How would you pull this off, so that all the flavors orchestrate together?
Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
"Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."

Comments

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,194
    I would expect the Dijon to work as a glue. but the flavor might not be quite right w. whatever sauce you use. Make the sauce, taste, mix in a little mustard, see if anything changes. If it doesn't seem right, rub the tenderloin w. a neutral, or pistachio oil if you have some. That should hold the crust, assuming the crust is crushed fine.

Good luck. I've done pistachio crusted lamb, and it was great.
  • 500500 Posts: 1,198
    Maybe then just some EVOO, salt and pepper, and the crushed pistachios for the rub.
    Large BGE; Midlothian, Virginia
    I like Pig Butts and I can not lie.
    "Barbecue is a journey, one meal at a time."
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,841
    edited March 2013
    How about using a little bit of the sauce to get the pistachios to stick? You could even just use the wet ingredients. I already have this weekend's menu planned, but i will try it next week and make a post about my findings. It sounds tasty and I love the blackberry one.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK.