Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Healthy tasty chicken

jlsmjlsm Posts: 709
I wanted to do a spatch chicken yesterday but quickly realized that if you skin it, you have to do pieces. Basically the same thing, anyway. Cooked this at 350 indirect for about 45 minutes. I used a little apple wood, which I'm sure contributed to the color. I also used Simon and Garfunkel steeped in EVOO and added a little Wicked Guys chicken rub. I think the rub was primarily responsible for the color. It is a "white" rub with sugar, citric acid for tang and white and lemon peppers for a little heat. Got the recipe off the Web. I really like it. (Left the skin on the wings and, of course, ate those first.)

Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia

Comments