Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Screw You - We're from Texas...

13»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    (by the way, that was sarcasm) :D
    Go mac brown best coach evah!!!

=)) Greatness!!!
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615

I just assumed you had been drinking
    Boom
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Actually, he doesn't need to be drinking to act/sound that way.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,411
    Ogden, Texas!   :-h

You wouldn't think of the Salt Lake City area as being the most polluted in the country, but this last January it was, 22 "Red" air quality days.  :-O  The legislature responded by outlawing hairspray, just last week (I'm not kidding).  
    I had sore throat and eyes during that time, and lots of coughing, many of my co-workers were sick a lot.  I had planned to retire here but am now looking at Austin; love that city!  
    :-bd

Scurvy:  when Life doesn't give you lemons

• JayHawkEye
    JayHawkEye Posts: 196

An uprooted Kansan now living in the field of dreams. Costner was right: Iowa ain't Heaven. (But it ain't too bad)

"Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Homegrown bred, born and raised Florida Redneck.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • nolaegghead
    (bell that means "yes") ding ding ding ding!

I just finished up about 10 pounds of a new creation - "beet sausage".  Has beets, pork, bacon, fennel, mace, grn onions, parsley, red and black pepper, brandy, wine and a bunch of other stuff.  Man, SWMBO hates beets, but she loved this sausage.  One of the thangs I'm bringing to the fest.

I need to case about 25 more pounds of a different flavor.  Sucks with the KA.  I think I might buy a piston stuffer.

few pics.

Wow
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,617
    Damn Nola, I've had beets and I've had sausage but never had beet sausage. Looks good.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• nolaegghead
    xactly.  It's probably been done before but I couldn't find it on the interwebs with a brief search, which was mixed news.  The beets add a little earthy flavor and a hell of a wacked out purple color.  The cooked juice looks like fresh blood.  I might call them "vampire sausages" for the kids.  I did say I'd probably make a few of them cry.
    Jscott said:
    Hey @MM, we love San Antonio, we are in ATL and get over there about 2x per year. Have you ever been to LaFogota? My all time favorite mexican place!
    My nuclear family and I live in NC now, but when we visit the extendeds, We ALWAYS hit La Fogota.  Easily the best TexMex I've ever had.  And their sauces reside in our refrigerators, here in the Triad and Triangle, even as I type this...

Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,129
    edited March 2013
    Ahhh love me some ray Wylie Hubbard. Raised in iowaSchooled in Dallas stationed in SAn antonio and VA and now thank god living in Denver.
    God bless you for your service, and for knowing the reference..  

Check out the Slaid Cleaves nod!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• nolaegghead
    After watching the video I get it.   Yeah, we got screwed-up corrupt corporations and politicians, but I'm a sloppy super talented musician, and I ain't one of them, and I don't care what you think outta state, because I ain't gettin' no gig in Delaware n sit, so screw you.  I like it.  ;)
    North of Atlanta near Lake Lanier

Atlanta, Ga. LBGE and Mini BGE

Wants:  More time and beer.....

• Deckhand
    Deckhand Posts: 318
    Kansas City... where every supermarket has at least 1/2 aisle of BBQ sauces.
  • North Carolina Born and Breed.  Work took me to Virginia where there BBQ is atrocious. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    thunder bay ontario canada!!! :)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,777
    Jscott said:
    Hey @MM, we love San Antonio, we are in ATL and get over there about 2x per year. Have you ever been to LaFogota? My all time favorite mexican place!
    My nuclear family and I live in NC now, but when we visit the extendeds, We ALWAYS hit La Fogota.  Easily the best TexMex I've ever had.  And their sauces reside in our refrigerators, here in the Triad and Triangle, even as I type this...

I live about 4 miles from there.  It's top tier.  There is a lot of great TexMex here so there are a half dozen other places that are equally good.  For reasons that are unclear to me even as I type this, we typically only go there when we have company in town.  I guess it's because he have a great Mexican dive near us that is 90% as good, 1/2 the price and takes 1/2 the time....

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GQuiz
    GQuiz Posts: 701
    Schertz, Texas by way of Stow, Ohio (a suburb of the north coast of America). Nice use of Ray Wylie Hubbard's song in the thread title, by the way.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    Houston, TX ( Pearland, actually). By way of many places, which unfortunately were not feeding my bbq addiction adequately. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,704
    @nola: those beet sausages look killer!!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Foghorn said:
    Jscott said:

I live about 4 miles from there.  It's top tier.  There is a lot of great TexMex here so there are a half dozen other places that are equally good.  For reasons that are unclear to me even as I type this, we typically only go there when we have company in town.  I guess it's because he have a great Mexican dive near us that is 90% as good, 1/2 the price and takes 1/2 the time....

We are big fans of Alamo Cafe and Mi Tera
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Sammamish, WA.  My wife is a born and raised Arlington, TX gal....  Learning all of the BBQ stuff in case she gets us to move back...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Now in Bothell, Wa., but originaly from Overland Park and Derby, Kansas.

Salmon is good on the egg but beef is still why we're at the top of the food chain.

Rock chalk, Jayhawk ...

scott
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    edited March 2013
    The city of brotherly love aka Killadelphia. I know, I know not exactly a hotbed for BBQ, but we do make the best cheesesteaks in the world.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • nolaegghead
    caliking said:
    @nola: those beet sausages look killer!!
    Had a couple of buddies over from outta state.  We cooked some beet sausage and, by THOR's great blessing, a tri-tip.  If those guys don't buy eggs, it's because some stronger force, as in SWMBO sayz nix mothafucka.  I am wasted.  Great party tonight.  Can barely type salutations.... So see ya @ salado.  zzzzzzzz