Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Back Ribs - Need Suggestions

All, Was at Kroger tonight and saw, for the first time, beef back ribs! I bought a 2 rack pack and was wondering if any of you have suggestions on how to cook? Rub? Just S& P! Time? Temp? Etc. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks! Ice

Comments

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Here's what I do. Salt, fresh pepper ground, garlic powder, onion powder. Maybe a bit of worcheschire (sp) kinda in a paste. Egg 275-300 indirect oak or mesquite smoke let em ride 3-4 hours until there is significant pull back on the bone usually about an inch. Check for tenderness with a tooth pick. Then I pull the plate setter and kinda sear the outside to get some burnt crusty going like 60 secs a side.
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Here's what I do. Salt, fresh pepper ground, garlic powder, onion powder. Maybe a bit of worcheschire (sp) kinda in a paste. Egg 275-300 indirect oak or mesquite smoke let em ride 3-4 hours until there is significant pull back on the bone usually about an inch. Check for tenderness with a tooth pick. Then I pull the plate setter and kinda sear the outside to get some burnt crusty going like 60 secs a side.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024

I like a good peppery beef rub, then smoke them up at around 275 done temp until they have a nice pull back. They should be nice, juicy and fall off the bone when they're done...almost like pot roast on a stick.  ;)  Usually takes around 4 hours, if I recall. 

You can serve them with a good Texas-style barbecue sauce on the side if you'd like....something not too sweet would be good IMO.  Oak is a great choice for beef ribs IMO too. 

• Springram
    Springram Posts: 430
    Adam Perry Lang has a great recipe. Also, check out the search on this site. I think you will find "Nibble Me This" recipe. His is based on the Adam Perry Lang recipe. Both are simply wonderful.

Springram
    Spring, Texas
    LBGE and Mini