Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Best BBQ in Salado/Belton

FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,014
If one were to want to dine out for BBQ while visiting the Salado/Belton area, where would you locals recommend? Schoepf's? Backyard BBQ? Other?

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 17,597
    Schoepf's in Belton or Johnny's in Salado
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Foghorn  When are you coming to town?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 4,014
    Mickey said:

Foghorn  When are you coming to town?

Probably Thursday evening.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

Foghorn   If Thur evening you must go to Johnnys in Salado. All you can eat ribs and they are good for $9..... When i have Toyota people in they wait till Thur so we can go to lunch over there.

Excellent! Thanks!

San Antonio, TX

Where are you staying?

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Shoepfs is the best I know of. The beef ribs are my favorite.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    Mickey said:

Where are you staying?

Stagecoach Inn.

San Antonio, TX

I will be overat Inn on the Creek setting up fou Fri/Sat night party's from early Fri on.

Cool. I'm still trying to sort out an agenda for Thursday and Friday that will be a good time for my son (age 15). We are trout fishing on the Guadalupe Thursday morning. The rest is still up in the air.

San Antonio, TX

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    @Mickey...if i can get there Friday morning I'll give you a hand.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

henapple

Thank you.  You are staying at the Inn? Correct????

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,577
    Yes. I said I'd give you a hand. Everyone likes to be clapped for while they work... :))
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN