Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight's Cook

Half a chicken, Dizzy Dust & a bit of baking powder. Yuengling Black & Tan @shotgunalimageimageimage
Clanton, Al LBGE
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,095
    All looks good but your glass. Go Cocks!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • I'm offended!! Haha. Jk.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,322
    The Spouse loves Black and Tans.  Chicken looks good too
    :))
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,276
    Looks like you are off to a great start! Lets go gamecocks!! ;)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    That Yuengling is some good shite, even in a Bama glass. I'd still throttle it
    ·
  • Aaaahahaha!! Roll Tide guys. I'm a humble Tider. Although I do have my trustee Bama hoodie on too. Makes the cook taste better I think!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Finished!!

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
    image.jpg 1.9M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • ScottborasjrScottborasjr Posts: 2,621
    God that looks so good after the takeout crap I had to eat tonight, nice work.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Good job, looks great !!
    ·
  • I just simply cannot believe how juicy a piece of chicken is when it comes off of the egg. I for the most part cannot stand a piece of chicken unless it comes from an egg cook anymore. I was so depressed 2 Saturdays ago when we went to my brothers house and had to eat a piece of rubber from his gasser. I am not a chicken fan anyway. But the BGE is awesome. Even SWMBO gave a compliment tonight.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 4,504
    Looks very tasty!! I see you are cooking the gizzards, how do you attack them on the egg? I have always just seasoned them and cooked on top of foil. Good snack while waiting for the chicken to get done

-----------------------------------------

Large BGE. Small BGE Henderson, Ky.
    ·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    @Mattman3969 Well I over cooked them this time, but i season the hell out of them. Then put them over the bricks I use to elevate the grid. Most of the time turns out great!! Fed them to the dog this go round. She was happy tho.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,276
    Great job, CBE! That looks excellent!! :)
    2014 Co-Wing King
    ·
  • shtgunal3shtgunal3 Posts: 2,902
    Hell yeah and Roll Tide!!!

LBGE,SBGE, and a mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

·
  • Central_Bama_EggerCentral_Bama_Egger Posts: 655
    edited March 2013
    Forgot the 3 and left the o on your @shtgunal3 earlier. RTR

Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • SmokinDAWG82SmokinDAWG82 Posts: 1,704
    Food looks good, not a fan of the glass obviously but like the black and tan!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
    ·
  • Beer looks good, food looks even better and the glass, well if you use your imagination the A can stand for just about anything.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    Direct, indirect, raised, temp? Do tell.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·
  • @GquizRaised direct at 450.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • GQuizGQuiz Posts: 680
    Looks incredible.

XL BGE; Schertz TX by way of Stow OH. #egghead4life
    ·