Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Anyone using fresh beef?

I went in with a couple more buddies and got 1/4 th of a cow. Just curious on if anyone else has tried using fresh beef? Seems like it cooks a little faster than store bought.

·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Is it grass-fed? They do cook differently to grain-fed beef due to the different fat content.

The cardinal rule is still: Cook to temp, not time.
    ·
  • Yes grass fed. I knew it would cook a little faster but wow this stuff cooks quick. I literally walked in to wash my hands and my burgers were almost done by the time i got back out on 400. I have a small brisket included. Any recommendations on cooking for it? Its around 3 pounds. I was figuring going low and slow at 250/275 till it hits 190 or so.

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,414
    Cook low and slow until 190-195 then start doing the "poke test" once your thermo slides in and out like butter, it's done. Injecting may help as well. Small cuts can dry out easily.
    ·