Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Skiddymarker G/W/S/G steak sear method ribeyes...

SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,704
edited March 2013 in EggHead Forum
Tghanks skiddy the cast iron is on order but this worked out great. Grid, Woo, Stone, Grid. Removed the woo and stone then the grid was ready below in minutes. Did some bakers first with the stones then threw on ribeyes 4 minutes per side before sear.

image Hot....Hot

Seattle, WA
·

Comments

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,135
    Looks fantastic - getting the stone and woo out is much easier on the smaller eggs - my medium is about all I can handle which is why a put the CI grid under the setter - your technique works just fine, excellent cook. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 615
    Awesome cook. Steaks look wonderful

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,580
    Nice! I'm in need of a good steak. B-)
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,704
    edited March 2013
    Well wife who is not huge red meat eater is claiming one of the better ones we've had. Fun times ahead once the ci gets here. Oh and not feeling so bad about the extra $40 grid I have now, its usable.
    Seattle, WA
    ·