Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

SLC Ribs and Tenderloin

Planning to cook for lunch tomorrow considering tomorrow afternoon and night is shot and no way to cook. So I picked up 2 Slabs of St. Louis style and a 1# pork tenderloin. Planning to do the 3/1/1 method at 250 dome and adding the tenderloin during the last hour. This will be the 1st time I've cooked one. Do you think it'll be done about the same time as the ribs?
Clanton, Al LBGE
·

Comments

• Um. Bump
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,706

No comment on the no comment-but given ribs are finished by feel (bend test or the toothpick) then the tenderloin cook piece lends itself to the thermo-should work at around the one hour mark but best to pull when the internal is around 140*F and that could go either way of an hour.  And tough to figure the one hour out mark with the ribs. But the fun is the journey-not necessarily the destination:)

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Thanks a bunch.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Well, woke up at 6am had a fire burning by 6:30image Went inside to put the inaugural sprinkle of Dizzy Dust on them. Put them on about 7am..... Holding at 250 imageimage
    image.jpg 716K
    image.jpg 1.1M
    image.jpg 704.9K
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • This guy is up next. Dizzy dust. Blackberry jam. Bacon. Then a final coating of Fiesta Rib Rubimage
    image.jpg 2.2M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,706
    Lookin good-enjoy the end results!
    Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Thanks!!
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Just foiled them.

image.jpg 2.2M
    image.jpg 2.2M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • WiltOnTiltWiltOnTilt Posts: 102
    Looks great. Can't wait for the "after" pics
    ·
  • Unfoiled and added sauce and tenderloin. image
    image.jpg 2.4M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    looking good man, are you eating all of this at the same time? just curious on the timing of adding tenderloin to grill not questioning your appetite. 

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Yes we are. Plans are for some lunches with the left overs. The ribs are very small. The tenderloin is only a pound. So I figured on an hour to cook it. Been on for 30 min. Already at 110. SWMBO likes a tenderloin sandwich. Does not like ribs. So a little for everyone. Hahaha.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,309
    Ah good deal! I usually cook my tenderloins a little slower.  Looks amazing!

XLBGE 
    ·
  • Oh really? At what temp and Until what IT?
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Finished
    imageimageimageimage
    image.jpg 785.4K
    image.jpg 2.8M
    image.jpg 1.9M
    image.jpg 2.1M
    image.jpg 1.8M
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Looks pretty good there in Clanton !! 
    ·
  • Delicious. Slight bitter taste. Too much smoke I suppose. I guess I put too many pieces of apple chunks.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • Charlie tunaCharlie tuna Posts: 2,191
    Apple can be strong, i only want my ribs to see smoke for about an hour.
    ·
  • Yeah. That's where I screwed up. Had them placed throughout.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 2,590
    This guy is up next. Dizzy dust. Blackberry jam. Bacon. Then a final coating of Fiesta Rib Rubimage
    I'm curious about this - didn't the blackberry jam just burn off during the cook?  I'm wondering if it picked up much flavor from it.  
    If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots.

In Durham, NC, where I'm kicking ass every day, even without a basket.  
    ·
  • None. It was basically me just screwing around. The plain bacon however was very tasty tho.
    Clanton, Al LBGE
    ·