Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Toolbox

Options
For all sous vide enthusiasts out there, struggling with temperature and time issues.  I've found a tool that may help.  I mentioned it in another thread, but thought it would be helpful to mention it to the masses.  It is an app for iPad and iPhone called: PolyScience Sous Vide Toolbox.  I don't know if there is an equivalent app for android or not.  I have found the app to be very helpful, with my limited experience, determining temperature and time when cooking sous vide.  After plugging in the type, shape, and size of the food to be cooked, indicate cooking method including pasteurization choices and target temperature.  (Along with other optional variables.)  The app then calculates and graphs the cooking time.

I know to some of you sous vide veterans, this all may be automatic, but to a newbie like myself, it has been very helpful.  Please let me know your thoughts.  Especially you experts.

Here is a demo on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV5-VVOGXMM
Brighton, IL (North East of St. Louis, MO)