Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First time trying these

I saw these on the forums here but I made a small change. I used turkey sausage instead of pork or kielbasa. Neighbors and I loved them.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·

Comments

• AltonAlton Posts: 432
    Ok , so what are these? How did you put them together? Recipe please....they look great
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!!!!! Stuck in Dallas.......
    ·
  • Monk balls?
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • LoggerLogger Posts: 236
    Looks like some killer "Pig Shots"
    But, I'm with Alton...what's in 'em?
    OKC area  XL - Medium
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    edited February 2013
    Yes they are Pig Shots. I used Turkey Sausage as the base, Wrapped in a half slice of thick bacon tooth picked to hold  bacon around sausage. 
    I mixed 8 oz cream cheese, 
    1/2 cup four cheese Mexican cheese and 
    3 oz can of green chilies.
    I then used a little Dizzy Dust to sprinkle on top before cream cheese.
    I then put the cream cheese mixture inside to fill to the top of the bacon. 
    I mixed  1/2 cup brown sugar, 
    1/2 teaspoon of chill powder, 
    1/2 teaspoon Cayenne pepper and 
    1/2 teaspoon dizzy dust. 
    I topped the Pig shots with this before grilling indirect for 90 mins at 350 to 400 or until bacon is like you want it. 
    This is not my idea or recipe. I got it from these forums somewhere. Sorry took so long to respond. I was looking for original post. I had no luck finding it. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    Here is the first post I saw of them. @R2Egg2Q posted Pig Shots
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Those look good and a little ...less unhealthy for you with the turkey! :)
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • six_eggsix_egg Posts: 605
    Thank you solson005 for post. Thanks to the rest for your post. FYI if I do it again I will use a sprinkle brown sugar mixture before i put cream cheese mixture in. Then do brown sugar on as normal. Might try jalapeños instead of green chilies too.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Texarkana, TX

·