Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wado Shiho Kia

Options
That's the martial art we ended up choosing for our son. For us at our boy's young age we're more concerned with the instructor and how he interacts with children and how the dojo is run than with style. In time we will consider switching to another style but in the mean time we're pretty happy with where we have him. He took his first belt test and ended up jumping a belt straight to yellow belt. Truth be told he might have been able to pass the blue belt test, but I'd prefer to take it slow and let him really KNOW the katas before moving on. That is one of the good things about this dojo, all of the younger students all practice together regardless of belt, so the more advanced students don't forget the lessons learned early on and the newer students are exposed to material far above their belt level before they are responsible to know it. Even the students are exceptional as is evidenced by a brown belt student named Robin being in the picture of Isaiah being awarded his yellow belt. She is in that picture because she was instrumental to Isaiah learning his kata(s) by working with him individually.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited February 2013
    Options
    nice stuff. My son turns 4 in May and we are going to put him back in gymnastics, with his then 2 year old sister, and once he turns five there is an intramural wrestling team we will enroll him in.

He is a smaller guy but his core and balance are both great. the gymnastic instructors love him because he is so strong for his age.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Being a Kia owner, I thought this was about a new car model... No idea such a MA discipline existed. 
    Great pics, congrats to Isaiah on the attainment of his yellow belt. The discipline and lessons taught will be invaluable. Keep them occupied and challenged and life will look after itself. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!