Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Gasser Question

I have a Coleman LXX tailgate grill that I won at a Christmas party. What I want to know is if they make an adapter hose that I can hook up to a normal size propane tank instead of using the little coleman bottle of gas with the short hose they give you? Thanks.
·

Comments

• Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    edited February 2013
    Funny you mention this today, I cleaned out my garage and uncovered a dusty road trip grill I used to use for tailgating and camping. Yes you can get a adaptor hose to use the big tanks. I think I gave mine to someone, but if I find it today on part two of clean the garage I'll send it to you. I was going to clean up the grill and ask friends or family if they need one or make a ad to get it to someone who will use it. Now that I have a small egg it will not be used even though I have many good memories slinging food out at tailgate parties.  

I like using the griddle on it and see that they now have a full-size griddle insert. Maybe I'll keep it now haha. I won't take a big tank camping so if I find it I will still give it away.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    I would appreciate that, but if you dont find it, thanks for the link. I have two propane bottles at home not being used. Yep, the one that I have has the griddles in it. I told my girls I would let them cook on it.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    I use the regular tank with one of these all the time.  Coleman is a good brand
    ·
  • Solson005Solson005 Posts: 1,907
    No luck on finding the hose adapter for the big tank. I must have given it away before I started traveling years ago.. Sorry.j 

That will be a great way to teach your girls. This was the cheapest I found the Adapter from a quick search. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    Solson005 said:
    No luck on finding the hose adapter for the big tank. I must have given it away before I started traveling years ago.. Sorry.j 

That will be a great way to teach your girls. This was the cheapest I found the Adapter from a quick search. 
    Will do man, thanks for looking.
    ·