Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Can't find CI grid for a mini

I made the two-hour drive to Fred's Saturday primarily to get charcoal but I also wanted a CI grid for the mini. He didn't have it and his guys said BGE didn't even list it on its distribution sheet. Where can I get one? 
Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,473
    edited February 2013
    Not a CI grid, but this CI shines. Made by Lodge. It is sitting on a Mini Woo. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • jlsmjlsm Posts: 851
    Thanks, Mickey. That's on my list, but I want a grid first.
    ·
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,292
    R2egg2Q has one I think the part number is in this thread

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1148259/enjoying-my-mini-ci-grid
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    Seems like BGE needs to update their distribution sheets and update the accessories shown on the BGE site. Kind of sad for them to come out with a nice product & not market it. #-o
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
    I'll email the mothership. Thanks.
    ·
    Duane answered my email almost immediately to say they had them in the retail store. Just ordered one for $49, which included $11 shipping. Too bad I had to pay that. 
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,710
    Once u posted it was a simple call away I knew I was in trouble. Its on the way$13 ship for me, can't pass up a toy on the mini I guess.
    His you like it so far?
    Seattle, WA
    ·
    Just got it Friday. It made a huge difference on a steak I cooked last night. Will try it with chicken later in the week, but I know I will be pleased. This goes on my "essential" list for the mini.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 4,028
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,710
    Got my grid today, very nice and solid piece. Look forward to using it and I see the use for both sides as one is raised and the other flat.
    Seattle, WA
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,405
    edited March 2013

Lit said:
    I picked one up right when it came out. Called a couple stores and none had it so I drove to tucker. They said they hadn't shipped them to any stores when I asked them.

We've carried this item at our west coast store since Octoberr 2012.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·