Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Brisket - nearly there

Trimming fat and finding the direction of the grain:

didn't have shiner bock and allegra :)  went with a local lager and boiled up some beef broth with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a couple healthy squirts of the famous red rooster sauce.

standing by for temp to steady...

the current state of things:

I have foiled a few places that have already hit 205 and I have basted a few times when I have opened to foil. There were a couple stubborn spots that the thermopen found that were still sub 200. I moved my probes there and now it is just a waiting game...drooling bad. smells soooo darn good.

More pics when I pull...
·

Comments

• jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 283
    edited February 2013
    btw - 10 pounder went in at 11 am. Was at 300 for the entire cook. Ignore the 280 in the pic above...trying to slow the roll a bit to hit a 6pm dinner.
    ·
  • How do you like the Cyber Q? I'm wanting to get one but I've seen mixed reviews. Issues with wifi, ect.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·