Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First Brisket - nearly there

Trimming fat and finding the direction of the grain:

didn't have shiner bock and allegra :)  went with a local lager and boiled up some beef broth with a sprinkle of red pepper flakes and a couple healthy squirts of the famous red rooster sauce.

standing by for temp to steady...

the current state of things:

I have foiled a few places that have already hit 205 and I have basted a few times when I have opened to foil. There were a couple stubborn spots that the thermopen found that were still sub 200. I moved my probes there and now it is just a waiting game...drooling bad. smells soooo darn good.

More pics when I pull...
·

Comments

• jimreed777jimreed777 Posts: 283
    edited February 2013
    btw - 10 pounder went in at 11 am. Was at 300 for the entire cook. Ignore the 280 in the pic above...trying to slow the roll a bit to hit a 6pm dinner.
    ·
  • How do you like the Cyber Q? I'm wanting to get one but I've seen mixed reviews. Issues with wifi, ect.
    PROUD MEMBER OF THE WHO DAT NATION!
    ·