Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first Boston butt on the Egg

It's even hard for me to believe, but although I've had my BGE for seven months, I am doing my first Boston butt on it, today. I have done them many times on my old Char Broil charcoal grill, though.

So, I'm keeping it simple. I got a small (just over 3 lbs) boneless BB. I will dry rub it with Tony Chechere's Creole seasoning and cook indirect at 350 for up to 4 1/2 hours. I'll use a drip pan with fruit juice in it. I'm getting my son to cut me a chunk of hickory to go on the fire.

I'm already having trouble waiting.

Tim
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,496
    edited February 2013
    Just keep an eye on the meat temp-cooking at that temp  I would think it will be finished in closer to three hours-but each pig has a mind of it's own.  Just an opinion and we all know what those are worth :)
    Louisville
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    The fire I have going is only running around 300, anyway. I'm just keeping the lid closed and going with the flow. ;)

Tim
    ·
  • ratcheerratcheer Posts: 189
    I let it go the full 4 1/2 hours and never even opened for a peek. The grill was down to 270 when it finished. And the pulled pork was perfect. =P~

Tim
    ·
  • Congrats on that !!
    ·