Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Egger On Deck!

Options

Hello to all my fellow eggers out there.  I have been reading and reading and reading and now it’s time to jump in.  I currently own an XL BGE.  I was first introduced to the world of the BGE by my fiancé who owned a Large BGE when we first met.  She is a big lover of steaks and she found out about the BGE from her local dealer.  A small note, she also loves using a gasser.  Anyway,  I come along and say hey let’s cook something other than steaks.  My first cook on a BGE and without knowing the history behind the egg to boot, I smoked a turkey and baby back ribs. It was a Thanksgiving meal.  Her family loved it with a capitol “L”.  I was amazed at the flavor, taste, and tenderness.  I was hooked!  Her sister loved it so much, she bought a boston butt the next day and wanted me to smoke it.  I have never smoked a boston butt before, so after some quick reading of recipes from the internet, I jumped on it.  The family went crazy over it.  To make a long story short, since I was named the designated smoker of the family, my fiancé gave me the egg.  I live in Wichita, KS and she lives in Evansville, IN.  She’s moving here soon.

Since having the large at home with me, I’ve done, ribs, a pork shoulder, pork steak, chicken wings, chicken legs, and a beer can chicken.  Since I love the egg so much and the family likes what comes off the egg, she suggested that I sell the large and get the XL.  I made it happen and now I’m the proud owner of an XL BGE.  Hello again and I’m looking forward to learning more from all of you guys.  I’m glad the dealer suggested this website.  BGE smoker for life!

XL owner in Wichita, KS