Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PartyQ Problems

Options
Got up early this morning to put on a butt. I decided to use the PartyQ today since I have some errands to run and need to be sure the egg is taken care of while I'm gone. I let the egg get up to about 200 on its own and then attached the PartyQ. It started blowing and eventually overshot the target temp of 250. Once it got to about 258 it started puffing off and on which is weird because usually when it overshoots it stops completely. So I turned it off and back on. Same thing. Checked the battery level in case they were low and screwing it up. Nope, 95%. I turned it off and on several more times before it finally shut off the fan for overshooting. I haven't put the butt on yet but need to soon. Anyone ever have issues like this? Do you think I've got it squared away now?

Comments

• JayHawkEye
    Options
    I had trouble with my temperature being off and not being able to calibrate it. Their customer service was phenomenal, though. I'd give them a call or shoot them an email.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA