Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Second Time Pizza

Options
SeeingSpots
SeeingSpots Posts: 151
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to advice from this board I used the parchment paper approach to cooking pizza on my LBGE.  It turned out awesome!  Very easy to get onto stone and off again.  No sticking, no mess, no peel.  Easy.  The very bottom of the crust was like a cracker, with the middle to top being soft.  Perfect!

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE

Comments

• Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Good looking pizzas always good to hear a new method works out for a fellow egghead. 
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Good looking pies!.

I tried parchment  when I made pizza recently and really liked it too. Rolled out 3 crusts on parchment, then assembled the toppings and popped em into the egg one by one. This assembly line approach worked well - no worries about assembled pizzas sitting too long on a peel, no wrestling to jiggle it off the peel into the egg. I removed the parchment midway to let the crust get crispy. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SeeingSpots
    Options
    caliking said:
     I removed the parchment midway to let the crust get crispy. 
    Thanks.   Yes, I did the same.  Amazing how easy.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE