Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Breakfast sausage?

Options
I have a little overa pound of good breakfast sausage that I thawed out last night and didn't end up cooking this morning. It's been the fridge all day. I don't want it to go to waste, so I'm heating up the Egg right now. What should I do with it? Smoke the whole 1 lb log, roll it into hot dog sized links and cook? Any other suggestions? I don't have any bacon, so the fatty idea is out for tonight.
Athens, GA
XL BGE, Large BGE and RecTec590

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Maybe make a stuffing or a dip?

I do a sausage dip with 2 bars of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel, and 1 lb sausage. I also add crushed red pepper and garlic. Brown the sausage and break it up into crumbles, then add the other ingredients and cook till combined. I serve it with chips or crackers. I have also done a savory version with sage and the like.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    You could always do turtle eggs...
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    I like a lb of Jimmy Dean Sage sausage given a heavy dusting of BBQ rub and smoked for 2 hours.  Makes for great sausage biscuits.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Maybe make a stuffing or a dip? I do a sausage dip with 2 bars of cream cheese, 1 can of Rotel, and 1 lb sausage. I also add crushed red pepper and garlic. Brown the sausage and break it up into crumbles, then add the other ingredients and cook till combined. I serve it with chips or crackers. I have also done a savory version with sage and the like.
    That really sounds good; bookmarked!  I've done the ol' "Velveeta/Rotel/hamburger" dip many times, this one sounds much better!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.