Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spider

Setup a cook using my new spider.  I just smoked 2 lbs of sausage.  I have a few 1 inch thick fire brick that I put on top of the spider with no drip pan.  That small amount of sausage won't drip that much and the bricks will burn it off anyway.  I can use it to get my stone 2 + inches above the gasket line.  I also make a quick raised rack.
AE1.jpg
800 x 600 - 192K
AE4.jpg
800 x 600 - 151K
AE5.jpg
800 x 600 - 165K
AE1.jpg
800 x 600 - 192K
AE2.jpg
800 x 600 - 189K
AE3.jpg
800 x 600 - 121K

Simple ingredients, amazing results!

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 10,749
    Looks like a nice setup.  I'd grind off those stubs pointing in the inner ring of the spider if you plan on using a wok - it'll gouge the bottom sides.  If you don't plan on using a wok, it's perfect.

• My brother made it and I want be using a Wok.  It is 304 stainless and tig welded 1/4" bar stock.
    I gave him a drawing and he delivered the spider.  

Simple ingredients, amazing results!