Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs x 2

JayHawkEyeJayHawkEye Posts: 170
My parents came up from Kansas for the weekend so decided to do some back ribs last night for them. I like spicy but my mom (and my daughter) prefer no heat. To keep everybody happy I used different rubs. On one of the racks it was yellow mustard and bone-suckin rub. On the other it was yellow with equal parts hot bone-suckin, DP redeye, and DP Jamaican firewalk. 
I put them on with the PS legs up, drip pan, grid on top of the spider and let them go low at 215* while I went back to work (didn't know exactly when I'd get home). They weren't that close after 4 hours so I sped them up in some foil at 300* for an hour. They bent okay (and everyone was hungry) so I pulled the plate setter and licked 'em with a little direct flame for a smidge.
They turned out pretty darn good. Not the best meat to work with, but the bite was good and the flavor was there. I used a different finishing sauce than my normal blue's hog/gates combo but my dad said he liked it and that's good enough for me.
The downside was being on this frickin diet and having to settle for just a few ribs and a salad!

IMAG0066.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M
IMAG0068.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 3M
IMAG0071.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M
IMAG0075.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M
IMAG0079.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M
IMAG0080.jpg
3264 x 1840 - 2M