Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

First wok cook....need suggestions

This is my first discussion I have started and I've only posted a comment a couple of times. I have been cooking on my egg for just over a year now and have done many different cooks all with this forum open and gleaning as much information as I can. I really appreciate all the knowledge that everyone shares on here. I ordered the large spider and 16" wok from ceramicgrillstore.com, it is scheduled for delivery Tuesday! So here is my question, what is a fairly easy, probably chicken based, first meal to break into this new cooking style for me?
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,292
    Search for Kung pao shrimp. Village Idiot posted it nearly a year ago. Really easy and you can sub chicken. I will try to find and post link for you.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    I just finished this:

You need to make sure you are going to season your wok when it comes in.  You can do it all in the same day if you want.  This turned our really good.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • DnlDnl Posts: 12
    Chubbs, thanks so much for the Kung pao idea, did the search and found the recipe and a video showing him cook it. r270ba, I've been following your discussion on your first wok cook, that looks good too. thanks again.
    ·