Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Best wok for XL? (let's try this again...)

So my earlier post is a jumbled mess, thought I try once more, with conviction.

I have an XL egg and Woo2 and am looking for a good wok to add to the collection. Any recommendations for that set up?

Cheers -
B_B
Finally back in the Badger State!

Middleton, WI
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,240
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • cspearce2cspearce2 Posts: 107
    I have the 19" bought from here and it works well.   http://shop.ceramicgrillstore.com/categories/Accessories/
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
    ·
  • I, too, have the 19" wok from CGS. It's big, but if you have a place to store it I'd recommend it.
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
  • Here's a pic to help with size
    IMAG0056.jpg 863.4K
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
    ·
    I, too, have the 19" wok from CGS. It's big, but if you have a place to store it I'd recommend it.

Yeah, I have a large egg and have 16". It seems big. I would think the 16" in the XL would be a good size so that is what I recommended. I cant imagine filling the 19" up, but then again I usually only break out the wok for my wife and I.
    ·
  • Thank you guys. I'd like to pull the trigger on something this weekend, try to fire it up next week. 

Cheers -
    B_B

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • Okay, 19" from CGS looks great. Did you guys get the accessory pack? If so, would you recommend it? If not, did you get other accessories (spatula, whisk, etc)?

Thanks again to everyone for the recs -

B_B

Middleton, WI
    ·
  • Didn't get the accessories. I've got utensils that work just fine while cooking. When it goes inside for serving I set the wok on a stoneware bowl. Works just fine. I did get several little squeeze bottles from Wal-Mart to put all the oils/sauces in.
    ·
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,652
    I have the 16" from CGS. It is pretty big but I sometimes wish I'd bought the 19" for larger cooks and to reduce the chance of overloading the wok (which cools the wok down). If you have the space to store the big one I'd recommend that one.

I got the accessories but I only use the lid and wok ring. I misplaced the brush and didn't need the spoons and prefer a traditional metal chuan (spoon/spatula) even with the risk of scratching off seasoning.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
    ·
  • Plano_JJPlano_JJ Posts: 448
    I have the 16" Hammered Carbon Steel Wok from the WokShop in CA and a Spider from the ceramic grill store. Works like a champ
    ·
    ·