Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Took a shot at a Stuffed Pork Loin

Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited January 2013 in Pork
I've been itching to try my hand at a stuffed pork loin on the egg. Since I get off a half day on Fridays, we decided to give it a shot tonight . We made  a batch of the spinach & artichoke dip that my wife makes and stuffed it into a pork loin. We made the dip stiffer by adding twice the amount of mozzarella cheese as the recipe calls for. This worked well (along with the bacon basket weave) to hold the stuffing in. I then cooked it on the Big Green Egg at 250° to 140° internal temp. We were going to do a roulade but decided to try cutting a pocket into the loin... as you can see from the plated picture it didn't plate up very appealing... next time we'll take the time to do the roll.

While the dip was tasty, next time I'm going to sauté some baby spinach with good olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and artichoke hearts then spread it out on a unrolled and pounded out pork loin after which I'll cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Then I'll tie it up, basket weave it in bacon and grill it at 350° versus the 250° low and slow I tried this time. My thinking on the higher temp is that the filling might not overcook to mush like the dip ended up.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments