Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Shrimp ABTs (several pics)

2»

Comments

• r270bar270ba Posts: 763
    Just did these a couple weekends ago and they were a HUGE HIT!!! Thanks so much for this idea
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,776
    Very nicely done. Gotta try this for sure, this week. Great looking pics, make a person hungry. =D>
    ·
  • SamFerriseSamFerrise Posts: 544
    I think I like it!

Simple ingredients, amazing results!
    ·
  • I just found this post and will be making them this weekend. Great post.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Porcelain Cast Iron Grate

twitter - @SisterStateBBq
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,192
    Kristi I love the Peruvian Gold sauce. I picked some up a while back at my go to for fresh seafood. That and a couple others really work well with shrimp and seafood in general. Have you tried Ala Moana Coconut & Mango sauce or A Frame Datil sauce?  
    The color you got here was perfect!  Did the shrimp get overdone at all for you on these. I tried my hand at it and with extra large shrimp or large shrimp it seemed to crisp the bacon and shrimp with decent timing on L&S. I wanted to try raised direct at 300℉-350℉ but, was concerned it would overcook the shrimp before the bacon finished. Thoughts... Have you tried it that way?
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • mgd_eggmgd_egg Posts: 409
    looks terrific!   
    Palatine, Illinois  
    ·
  • NecessaryIndulgNecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,138
    Thanks, Everyone! 

NPHuskerFL:  I haven't tried them at a higher temp or raised direct, but I think if you pre-cook your bacon a little it will work just fine.  I prefer the taste and texture of the jalapeños when I cook them L&S.  Knock on wood, the shrimp haven't overcooked yet but I always use the largest shrimp I can find.  
    Hmm, I wonder if the bacon sorta protects the shrimp? 

I haven't tried those sauces -- I'll look them up! I've had Tropical Pepper Co. Mango Coconut sauce... maybe similar?   I love the Peruvian Gold, too!  I should warn you, I put it on Swordfish last week... I'll never do that again! :o  It's the only thing I found that it didn't work on. haha :) 

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,192
    edited April 10
    Duly noted on the Swordfish. :wink: 
    And ya the bacon might actually help shield the shrimp. +1 on the get the largest shrimp available (prefer fresh caught personally). 
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·