Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

I haven't gotten on the egg in a while .. soo...

I hit the store hoping to pick up a fresh ham shank but they were out. Believe it or not they have them pretty regularly. I really wanted to cure something so we're going to see how a picnic does .. skin on and all.  It's in a maple cure until Friday morning.  

I also picked up three racks of baby backs and decided to do a sampler.  

On the top is an Asian inspired rack: 5 spice powder, granulated onion, mustard powder, sugar, and salt in the rub and then honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, sushi vinegar and minced garlic in the glaze.  The lower left is just my typical dressing, and the right was a dry rub - I used my beef rub, then sprayed with oil and reapplied when i glazed the others - these were particularly good.

I wasn't really thinking when i put the wood on and put a little too much .. so there was too much smoke .. but I would say regardless that the Asian inspired ribs are far better with just charcoal.
Ribs.jpg
2048 x 1536 - 788K
Ham.jpg
640 x 480 - 87K

Comments