Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brined Pork Chops

Grilled up some brined pork chops this evening in the Egg.  Turned out great.  Check out the rest of the story and a couple of pics at http://getoutga.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/learned-something-new-this-week/

Comments

• GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 284
    I love the way a brine brings out the flavor of the meat. I have done it for Turkey and Chicken so far and like what it does to the meat.
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    A suggestion only. Pull those chops about 30 deg sooner. Pull at 135 and the will hit 140/145 during the rest. They are fine at that temp.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now).