Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Not bad for $5 manager special

I wanted to try my hand at the "reverse sear," but I didn't want to use nice steaks as my test subjects.  So I picked up some "manager special" pork chops for $5 to give it a go.  I coated the chops with DP Raging River and put them on indirect at around 250* dome with a few chunks of apple.  After about 25 minutes or so, the chops were at 120.  I didn't want to wait for the egg to heat up, so I put the chops on my gasser's infrared burner for about 1 min each side.  The chops were 150 at that point, so I think I went just a little too long.  For $5, they were pretty darn good.  I can't wait to try the reverse sear on some nice steaks or a top quality thick cut chop.  Please excuse my poor photography and plating skills.
WP_000624.jpg
1222 x 1630 - 506K
WP_000626.jpg
1222 x 1630 - 351K
WP_000627.jpg
1222 x 1630 - 682K
pork_chops.JPG
4000 x 3000 - 3M

Comments