Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Brisket chili

I've read a few posts about using brisket in chili.... How exactly would you do so? For chili I always cook the meat with onions, garlic, chilis and beans (kidding, kidding) for hours until the favors meld. But if I use leftover brisket, I'll be cooking meat that's already cooked and tender... Suggestions?
·

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,419
    It will probably just get more moist-er and tender-er. You could also just add towards the end.

Glad you are kidding about the beans. Your compatriots may "tex-communicate" you.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,962
    I'd slice it up cross grain so you don't get any long chewy strands.  Avoid boiling it with the brisket, simmer very low.

·
  • Dyal_SCDyal_SC Posts: 2,594
    It doesn't dry out in the least. Best chili I ever made was Texas style brisket chili on the BGE...here is the recipe, and beans were not used. ;)
    http://westernhorseman.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=581&Itemid=226
    image.jpg 158.2K
    ·
  • Great - thanks so much guys. Dyal - bookmarked you link. Really appreciate it!
    ·