I received my A-Mazn Smoker (8x6 one) along with Hickory and Oak smoking pellets (not dust). (I had ordered "Pitmasters Choice", I had thought this was going to be a blended batch, but now I'm not so sure if "the pitmaster" just chooses what to send..) Any way, that's the type of wood I have and want to try smoking some cheese. Hoping for some advice:
1) Hickory sound ok or should I use oak or a mix?
2) How long would you recommend I smoke?
3) Should I light both ends (and possibly middle) of the A-Mazn smoker or just one end?
4) It's going to be rainy on Saturday, I have a "chimney" set up on egg so it won't get wet inside, but should I be worried about humidity and postpone?
5) I plan on putting into ziplock bags after smoking and then into fridge..(assume this will keep fridge from stinking) how many days should I let mature after smoking?
Any other advice? I don't know if I should jump all in with a bunch of cheese or do a test run with just a few blocks. Thinking of trying a variety of cheeses.
p.s. I won't be using a mangrate. (sorry, couldn't help myself)
Small & Large BGE