Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Big Guy Potatoes (Meat Version This Time)

I thought I would expand out on my potato idea. I got a sirloin, cut it up and did the same thing as earlier this week. Here is that thread

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/comment/1272588#Comment_1272588

I cooked the potatoes for about 10 minutes as I didn't want the steak to be on the grill as long. I also dusted the pieces of meat.image

Here they are wrapped and readyimage

On the grill in-direct at 325°image

I turned them after 30 minutes. I figured they would be done but they were at 120° so I left them on another 30 minutes. Thermopen said 145° - 150°image

And all done. Next time I will cook the potatoes till they are about 140°, wrap with meat and should be a much quicker cook. When I did the bacon ones, I used raw potatoes and 1 hour they were good. This one I used partially cooked potatoes and after an hour, the potato wasn't done. I also will do thicker cut meat or cut the potatoes in half. Maybe I'll cook up some potato wedges and wrap those???

Big Lake, Minnesota

Large BGE, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

Comments