Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ribs.. Elvis Style!

Every year on Elvis' birthday, I think about those Memphis style ribs I ate when I was there. They looked like someone had poured motor oil on them. They were excellent. Does anyone have a good recipe for some Memphis Style sauce?

Comments

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 719
    Check out amazing ribs.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 13,977
    On a business trip I found Corkeys and had dinner there 3 of the 5 nights. Ok, before you say it, I have been told much better ribs in Memphis but I stayed at Corkeys. Anyway, I thought the big thing about Memphis Ribs was they were dry?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015

• MickeyMickey Posts: 13,977

This is how I am doing ribs now:

Did baby backs for lunch a while back. (Sorry but I can't remember who I got this from.)
    350 indirect 1hr 40 min.
    Pull membrane , rub. Put on at 350 and leave the hell alone for about that time. I opened 15 min early and sauced my half rack. This is called turbo ribs and I will never go back to 4 and 5 hour ribs.
    Note: with or w/o mustard works
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015