Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Speaking of Pizza

EllisEllis Posts: 193

My pizza stone is looking a little sad, can you do a clean burn on it, and if so what set up. Thanks up front

·

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    dark is considered "seasoned"... Your good IMO

I guess you could treat it like a clean burn and grill it direct upside down, but I'd be careful of the temp... Some stones are said to crack and break under extreme temps.
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Thanks Brownie, I do scrape all the burnt cheese and other stuff off with a razor scraper. So now if some one ask me why it's looks funky, I have the answer. My stone is now officialy SEASONED. 

·
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,136
    Scrape, wipe it but never soap it. As long as things do not stick to it you are good to go. 
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·