Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Chuck Roast (pic heavy)

I've been following these forums for awhile now and for 2013 I'm going to post more.

Here some chuck roast I learned on here and some pork trimming that I threw on the extended grid

Roast was smoked @250 till internal of 160 then foiled with green peppers, onions leeks and Guinness till 200. Chopped up and made like a Greek taco with goat cheese, tomato and tzatziki sauce. image
LBGE, Weber Performer. Located in Franklin County Pa.

Comments

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Drool.... That looks mighty tasty.
  • Dumb question-- pork trimmings?

Chuck roast look amazing.

XLBGE 
  • Very impressive cook and I bet it tasted as good as it looks.  How long was the roast foiled and at what temp?
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • freduc2freduc2 Posts: 69
    I have the R&B oval combo, the extender combo and the foil ring.

MrCookNurse...they are the scraps left over from cutting spare ribs down to St Louis style. I normally cook them to throw in beans but these just got picked at till gone.
    edited January 2013
    Austin. Not sure of the times I think it was about 6 hours total. I just look out the window to the thermometer. Foiled @160 and pulled off at 200. Might take to 205 or 210 some parts were still a little tight. Nothing my cleaver couldn't handle.
  • Cool man. Everything looks awesome!

XLBGE 
  • Cuda1965Cuda1965 Posts: 49
    edited January 2013
    That looks great. Did you sauté the onion and green peppers before foiling?
    Nope, just cut'em up poured in a bottle of Guinness and set the roast on top.