Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Bare nekkid eggin'

gabrieggergabriegger Posts: 373
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Had a helluva time getting a dead gasket off in December that I've decided to follow some advice here on the forum and not replace it. Bare nekkid cooking with no gasket, no rub. Just veal chops and mashed pataters with gravy. Comfort food for a Canuck who watched too much IIHF Junior Hockey.

image.jpg
2592 x 1936 - 1M
image.jpg
2048 x 1529 - 1M

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,919
    Actually I've done that, and I don't have gaskets on my Eggs either.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,392
    No gasket on both my eggs. Nekked is the only way to go.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • BotchBotch Posts: 2,500
    When I fried my gasket (I was doing a lot of pizzas) I was able to scrape both top and bottom gaskets off with a putty knife in under 5 minutes; but, as we saw in another thread today, it looks like the Mothership changes gasket material often, and I guess I just got lucky.  
    My current gasket is a copper/silicone gasket material, its ugly but seals and cushions well.  While I'm careful lowering the lid, I'm clumsy and would be scared to drop it without any gasket whatsoever.  

I Know Why The Egged Bird Sings.

Ogden, Utard.  
  • CANMAN1976CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,431
    Just curious if anyone has had there lid slam down on the base with a gust of wind or something without a gasket? Would that crack the base? I think id be too clumsey to go gasketless:)
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol cock

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 14,132
    Just curious if anyone has had there lid slam down on the base with a gust of wind or something without a gasket? Would that crack the base? I think id be too clumsey to go gasketless:)

That is my only thing. You do need to be mindful of no gasket. Cooking is NO problem.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini.... 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015