Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Modern Tuscan Take on Traditional Southern New Year's Grub

2»

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,670
    I put the pork tenderloin in last night with no seasoning. Threw some fancy sea salt on them and made a mustard sauce with four kinds of mustard, honey and chili sauce. It was very very good. Seared on a CI skillet and the whole family loved it. Had a tremendous amount of liquid in the pouc.hes. Was a bit concerned about it but just dumped that in the sauce and it was killer

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 22,124
    That juice is liquid gold.

Cannot wait to do the confit. I'll drink that and eat the liver in butter sauce

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Freeze the fat and you can get it into a foodsaver bag without the dome vacuum stuff.

I know. I do that with stocks, fumets,duck fat and other liquids and semi-liquids. I always hated having to have a gallon of duck fat to do a few legs

Steve 

Caledon, ON

I cured my pork belly in those expandable bags - got good distribution and the end result wasn't too salty (I hear a lot of complaints about salty bacon).